Watch live the event of GUE/NGL: CHILDREN NOT FOR SALE- “The black hole of our Culture”
Live streaming 9-12 Brussels time (10 am -13 pm Greek time) from the link:
The event organized by MEPs Kostadinka Kuneva and Takis Hadjigeorgiou will be held on 23 June at European Parliament. The event will take part group of 26 people from Greece who are representatives of agencies, organizations, scientists and government officials dealing with the issues of child protection.
The program of the event is formatted as follows:
09:00-09:10– Welcoming and opening by the two organizer MEPs
Mrs KUNEVA Kostadinka (GUE/NGL-SYRIZA MEP) and
Mr HADJIGEORGIOU Takis (GUE/NGL-AKEL MEP)
1st PANEL- Children in extreme danger and exploitation
– Children for sale: Child trafficking and unaccompanied minors. Its connection with child prostitution, human organ trade and the illegal adoptions market -the European dimension.
Mrs SAKELLIADOU Zoi, Office of the EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator, European Commission.
– Unaccompanied and separated children: Situation of UASC arriving in Europe; protection risks and challenges after the ‘ closure of the Western Balkans route’
Mrs VONKEMAN Andrea, UNCHR Brussels Office
– Opening doors for Europe’s children: “Accommodation and integration of refugee and migrant children across Europe. Practices from Eurochild’s members”
Mrs NANOU Katerina, EUROCHILD campaign leader
– Protecting children in migration: “Gaps in EU policy and practice”
Mrs POULI Ioanna, UNICEF, Brussels Office
2nd PANEL: A new model to full and actual protection of Children´s Rights
– Illegal adoptions, foster care without parental consent (Given the numerous related Petitions submitted to the EP Petitions Committee mainly by citizens of Northern Europe (Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany).
Mrs McNEIL Sabine Kurjo, Web Publisher of the Association of McKenzie Friends and Petitioner 1707/2013, UK
Mrs SCHEFFER Elisabeth, Legal expert, Sweden
– The right to family life: Deinstitutionalization, foster care, temporary family-like hospitality facilities for each child who deprives family protection no matter the reason.
Mr NIKOLAIDIS Giorgos, Head of Institute of Child Health, Greece
– Children and adolescents abuse victims: a «dark» epidemic
Dr STAVRINIDES Panayiotis, Assistant Professor in Developmental Psychology-University of Cyprus
– Abandoned children: The social aspect of children in danger according to NGOs that work and care for them.
Mrs CHRISTIDOU Melpo, Social Worker at THE SMILE OF THE CHILD, Greece
For more information follow the link below:
Υou can watch live the event on the following link:
Twitter hashtag #ChildrenNot4Sale